Tin 100% Plating Solution
The tin plating solution consists of metal fluoborates, addition agents, stabilization additives and proprietary wetting agents in ready-to-use form. The solution affords a high degree of uniformity and fine grain structure with a minimum of operational control. Excellent solderability and wire plating.
OPERATING CONDITIONS –For all Plating Solutions
|Bath pH||< .5|
|Current Density (Amp./Sq.Ft.)||25-30|
|Anodes (Polyprop. Bagged)||Same as metal plating compositions|
|Anode Efficiency (%)||100|
|Anode to Cathode Ratio||2:1|
(Continuous or periodic)
|Rubber-lined steel filter presses or Other acid-resistant equipment. Filter Materials can be Terylene, nylon cloth filter paper or paper pulp.|
|Tin Concentration||68 g/L|
- All materials which contact plating solution must be lined with PVC, Koroseal, rubber, Lucite, or polypropylene.
- Operating temperatures above 100 °F will increase % tin deposited.
- Cathode current density less than 25 asf will decrease % tin in alloy deposit. Conversely, current density greater than 30 asf will increase % tin in alloy deposit.
- Air agitation must not be used as it will oxidize tin. Adequate agitation may be provided by a moving work rod.
- A plating thickness of .001″ will be deposited in 17-20 minutes @ current density of 25-30 asf.